Blogs > The View, A Male's Point

I have to admit my guilty pleasure is going home from work and watching "The View". As a faithful fan I noticed that very rarely does a man get to sit at the table and chime in on Hot Topics. Well, here is my chance to express my views on Hot Topics, movies, TV, Theater, current events, politics and my observations on life! Your comments are always welcome.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Who Gave the Pine Tree a Buzz Cut?

“I think that I shall never see, a poem as lovely as a tree” Joyce Kilmer.

That is unless the tree happens to be in the way of the power lines. Is a tree with one side of it’s branches gone or the center removed so it looks like a goal post still lovely? Or my personal favorite, the tall Pine tree with a flat buzz cut!

Beautiful trees totally mangled and maimed, some of the cuts will never grow back. I have never seen such a butcher job done to one of nature’s beautiful creations all in the name of power lines.

Some of these poor trees have probably been around since the 1700s or longer. Do they plan these designs? How would you feel if you went for a haircut and they put a goal post on your head or shaved off one side of your head so that your hair will never grow back all for the sake of ugly electrical wires. Now I know the wires serve a purpose and yes, I need my electricity and yes, I love my cable TV and Internet, but isn’t there a better, more esthetically pleasing way of clearing the wires which leaves these trees some dignity?

Am I alone on this with my feelings? Please feel free to comment and let me know.
That's it for now and remember to stop, look around and enjoy your view!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home