Blogs > The View, A Male's Point

I have to admit my guilty pleasure is going home from work and watching "The View". As a faithful fan I noticed that very rarely does a man get to sit at the table and chime in on Hot Topics. Well, here is my chance to express my views on Hot Topics, movies, TV, Theater, current events, politics and my observations on life! Your comments are always welcome.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Ground Zero Mosque

Ok I’m back. I know I have been remiss in my blog of late but, I guess I needed something to fire me back up and that would be the “Ground Zero Mosque”.

This past weekend I happen to get into a heated debate about the mosque with 2 conservative friends of mine. The discussion didn’t start with the mosque but boy did it end with me being a big old “Liberal”. A title which I proudly wear.

I understand “con” side of the debate, yes it was Muslims that flew the planes into the towers, but are we to blame all Muslims for the acts of a few, I hope not. And I would hope the people of New York understand that as well. I also wonder how our forefathers would feel about this issue.

This country was founded on freedom of religion and the thing that gets me about “conservatives” is they seem to always want to take away something that they deem “bad” or don‘t understand. Again they are playing the “fear” card which they have become so good at. What they don’t understand is if we don’t allow the Mosque to be built then what’s to stop someone from not allowing another religions house of worship from being built out of fear or something they don‘t understand?

Once we allow the government or a particular organization (not saying conservatives) to block or take away one of our choices or rights as Americans then we have started the domino effect and the next time it will get easier and easier for them to succeed.

But, that’s just my opinion.

As always your comments are always welcome and remember to stop, take a look around and enjoy your view!

2 Comments:

Blogger kathi clapham said...

be careful about labeling all people as you do with conservatives...you do this when you state you do not think it fair to lump all muslums as the bad guys.

I happen to agree...this country was founded on the freedoms of all religions....I am not so sure the reasons these people insist on creating a big deal about this on either side...all it manages to do is forget the people who died that day and the families that lost their loved ones all to acts of hatred. Love and respect can get us more places any day over fear and hatred...for anyone or anyone's belief system.

August 30, 2010 at 6:26 PM 
Blogger Scott Miller said...

I would like to apologize to my conservative friend and make sure that everyone understands that when I mention "they" are playing the fear card I did not mean my friend I meant "republicans". My friend please forgive me! And who said Conservatives and Liberals can't get along! :)

September 3, 2010 at 4:36 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home