Blogs > The View, A Male's Point

I have to admit my guilty pleasure is going home from work and watching "The View". As a faithful fan I noticed that very rarely does a man get to sit at the table and chime in on Hot Topics. Well, here is my chance to express my views on Hot Topics, movies, TV, Theater, current events, politics and my observations on life! Your comments are always welcome.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A View on Michael Vick and Dogs!

I know I am behind in updating my blog but it doesn’t mean that my opinions still aren’t flourishing and hopefully I will be playing catch up in the weeks to come.
The one subject that has been top of mind for me lately is the news that Michael Vick would like to be able to get a dog for his kids! Say WHAT???
On “The View” (the show that inspired this blog) this was one of their “Hot Topics”. Everyone, except for Joy Behar thought that he did his time and should be allowed to get a dog for the kids, including Barbara Walters, proud owner of Cha Cha her own dog. They said that he paid his dues to society and felt that he was rehabilitated and his girls really wanted a dog.
I’m sorry ladies but I’m going to have to disagree with you. Personally, I equate animal abusers to pedophiles. They both prey on innocents who do not have the capabilities to fight back. And for both the children and the dogs they will never be the same innocent beings again. They are scarred for life both loosing “trust” in their lives.
On “The View” they said that we let people who have been abusers to go back with their families and children once they get out and give them a second chance. But, do we do it with pedophiles? No, they have to register with the local police and on sex offender’s websites and are not allowed to live near children. We even have Megan’s Laws in most states to protect the innocents.
Michael Vick, I’m fine with you making millions of dollars playing football, you are entitled to make a living but as far as the dogs go, I think it should be part of your punishment that you have to explain to your children why they can’t have a dog.
And as far as your so called “rehabilitation, why haven’t you called and checked on the dogs that were abused by your deeds? Also, I want to know why I haven’t heard of you contributing some of those million dollar paychecks you get to animal shelters for abused animals or to the SPCA or even doing public service announcements? If you really cared and were sorry for what you did you would want to do anything you could to help out animals.
If I had my way we would have the capabilities of having a network with all kennels, shelters, breeders and any other places that offer pets to check and see if you are a convicted animal abuser. I’m sorry but I truly love animals and I can’t stand to see them hurt.
Well that’s it for now, and as always your comments are welcome. And remember to stop, take a look around and enjoy the view. Coming soon A View on the new Republican Congress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home