Blogs > The View, A Male's Point

I have to admit my guilty pleasure is going home from work and watching "The View". As a faithful fan I noticed that very rarely does a man get to sit at the table and chime in on Hot Topics. Well, here is my chance to express my views on Hot Topics, movies, TV, Theater, current events, politics and my observations on life! Your comments are always welcome.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Is This a Contract or Not?

I was watching "The View" yesterday and they had a very interesting segment which really caused a heated debate.
Apparently there is a couple that had made an agreement (I'm not sure if it was written or not) that neither one of them wanted children from this relationship.
The girl did get pregnant and had an abortion. She then proceeded to get pregnant a second time and she decided she wanted to keep this baby, her boyfriend did not. She now wants him to help take care of this child.
Three out of the four ladies, Sheri, Elizabeth and even Joy, felt that he was responsible and if he didn't want to have children he should have had a vasectomy after the first pregnancy.
Whoopi on the other hand felt that there was an agreement in place, which she broke and that he should not be held responsible for her choice to keep the child.
I tend to agree with Whoopi!
I'm going to go out on a limb and speak of something which I have no experience (it won't be the first time and besides isn't that what blogging is about?)
First of all I'm in my 50's and have no children and will not be having any, anytime soon, so here I go. It seems to me that men have no rights when it comes to unwanted pregnancies. It is the women's choice what to do with the child and I will fight tooth and nail for her to have that choice. She can choose to keep it, abort it or give it up for adoption. Well, if you get pregnant and you have made a mutual agreement with the father not to have children, then I'm sorry it's now totally your responsibility. It’s your choice, your responsibility.
And it’s just my opinion.
As always your comments are welcome and remember to stop, take a look around and enjoy your view!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Oh, Scott! This is a very difficult topic to discuss in any forum, and print perhaps is the most difficult of all. But I MUST take issue with your quote: "Well, if you (woman)get pregnant and you have made a mutual agreement with the father not to have children, then I'm sorry it's now totally your responsibility." Why didn't you write: "Guys, if you made an agreement to not get her pregnant, and you did, you owe her 100% child support (including all educational bills), as much hands-on help as she would like, etc., etc." ??? Why didn't you write that?

June 10, 2010 at 7:31 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home