Blogs > The View, A Male's Point

I have to admit my guilty pleasure is going home from work and watching "The View". As a faithful fan I noticed that very rarely does a man get to sit at the table and chime in on Hot Topics. Well, here is my chance to express my views on Hot Topics, movies, TV, Theater, current events, politics and my observations on life! Your comments are always welcome.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Is White America the Root of our Immigration Problem?

In 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue…

I think that we all remember that line from elementary school.

Christopher Columbus, from Italy was granted funding from the Queen of Spain to find a shorter trade route to the Indies.

These were America’s first Immigrants and boy did we take over. (I wonder if the Native American’s granted them Visas or green cards or demanded they speak their languages?)

I’m tired of hearing about illegal immigrants and what they are doing to our country. If I’m not mistaken, unless you are Native American you are a descendant of an immigrant whether it be legal or not.

I wonder if we would be having the same debates if Mexicans were white and spoke English? Even though we do have a black President, I think this country is still a “white” man’s country club. The higher echelon of corporate America is still mostly white and predominantly male. They are afraid that this country is shifting to something other then white and they will no longer be the majority and they can’t have that.

The Arizona law is going to bring about racial profiling. My question is, are they going to be stopping people of all colors? There are illegal aliens in this country from all over, including Canada. I don’t hear a lot out cry to send them back home or building a wall along the Canadian border.

Let’s just call like it is, the only immigrant that we’re afraid of is of Latin decent.

I do have to be honest with you by stating that I’m not really sure how I feel about immigration and what the solution is. But as usual the only solution the government can come up with is to be blame the other party!

I do however find it funny that if it wasn’t for a Spanish speaking country, this country might never have been found.

Well, that’s about it, as usual your comments are welcome. And remember to stop, take a look around, and enjoy your view!

2 Comments:

Blogger Natalie G. said...

I love your Scott Miller's article.

May 24, 2010 at 11:58 AM 
Blogger Captainron said...

In its early days if the United States did not have skilled immigrants we would have just been taken over by another one of the great European imperial powers. Or if we had remained independent of them but weak we could have been taken over by imperial Japan. So, true, we were a nation of immigrants and they helped us to be a strong, free country. Today's illegal immigrants just as frequently act as a brake upon our prosperity and independence. They are coached by advocates on how to get the most out today's social services programs or become part of widespread illicit underground operations. They openly express allegiances to other countries and in the same breath petition our US Congress as "constituents.". They have brazenly thwarted labor saving progress, because it would threaten their own livelihoods, rendering US enterprises less competitive in a globalized marketplace. And we have also opened the door wide for them to bring in their, similarly minded, relatives via our "family reunification policies."

Where is the comparison?

May 25, 2010 at 8:44 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home